Our fourth First Fridays at B featured Casey Steele of Square One Kitchen, Jeremiah & Rachel Utecht of Off the Deck Hot Sauce + Flannel Fizz, and Megan Lewis of Milk Made Catering. Missed the event? Check out the video!
We had a ton of great announcements about upcoming community events and opportunities. Check out the list:
Simone Wai - Red River Market
- Red River Spring Market: Join us for a spring farmers' market at Prairie Roots Food Co-op. This outdoor event will feature pantry items, household goods, baked goods, art, hot food, and beverages. Shop with your favorite Red River Market vendors while enjoying live music and more. April 21st, 10am-2pm at Prairie Roots, 1213 NP Ave. Little Free Gardens will also be available at the Spring Market. Click here to learn more + reserve a garden. The Spring Market also needs to volunteers! View times + sign up here.
- Vendor Applications Open for the 2018 Season: The Red River Market is in search of vendors to fill our season with fresh, local, and handmade goods. To join us at the Red River Market, vendors must comply with our guidelines. The initial round of applications will be open March 15th to April 15th with acceptance information to follow. After April 15th, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with two weeks for acceptance information. Vendors can apply at www.redriver.market
- Vendor Relations Manager: Folkways is hiring a vendor relations manager to manage communications and logistics with vendors participating in events at the Folkways plaza at 409 Broadway including the Red River Market and a monthly Night Bazaar.
Jack Wood - Growing Together Community Gardens
- April 9 - Open House at Scheels Home & Hardware (3202 13th Ave S., Fargo) starting at 4 p.m.
- May 17 - Heirloom Tomato Plant Sale
- There is still room for gardeners for the 2018 season.
Contact Jack with any questions: email@example.com
Leola Daul - Heart-n-Soul Community Cafe
Upcoming community cafes are on April 8th and April 22. Heart-n-Soul uses local chefs and local food whenever possible. Everyone is welcome and served a nutritious and delicious meal with dignity and respect with a pay what you can afford pricing model. April 8: Taste of Summer Cafe, 11-2 p.m. at Tru Blue Social Club
Taylor Syvertson - Great Plains Food Bank / Hunger in ND Study
Great Plains Food Bank is conducting a Hunger Study in North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota. They need volunteers to assist in conducting 500 face-to-face interviews.
Contact Taylor for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Burgum - Co-Starters
CO.STARTERS is a nine-week business development program that helps aspiring entrepreneurs put ideas into action, and turn a passion into a sustainable and thriving small business. Participants will be accepted on a rolling application basis for our next cohort, which will start on April 24th and continue weekly from 6-9pm for nine weeks.
Hali Durand - Orchard Glen Park
Hands-On Apple Pruning Workshop, Saturday April 28 from 1-4 p.m. at Orchard Glen
Learn how to prune apple trees in our local Orchard Glen Park then be of service to the community by practicing your new pruning skills. A free one hour tree pruning demonstration will be offered, followed by 2 hours of hands on experience pruning apple trees. The Fargo Park District, City of Fargo and FAARMS will provide tools and know how. More information + register here.
Kara Gloe - PB&J Lunch Fundraiser #2, Saturday April 28 from 12-4 p.m. at Junkyard Brewing Co.
Kara and friends are hosting a PB&J School Lunch Fundraiser to support Moorhead Schools and target lunch accounts with a negative balance. Join them at Junkyard on April 28, donate prizes for the raffle and bingo, or donate now by visiting this link.
Janice Tweet - GleaND
GleaND is a gleaning network that was developed out of a blueprint from Cass Clay Food Partners to capture excess produce to donate to local food pantries. Four local growers are committed for the 2018 pilot season and there is room for a couple more. There will also be many volunteer opportunities during this growing season, and we will have more information as the program continues to develop.
Want more information? Contact Janice via email at email@example.com.
Joleen Baker - Prairie Roots Food Co-op
Prairie Roots is looking for 100 new owner signups this month! We're offering incentives for owners who refer new folks to sign up, and anyone who signs up this month gets a free canvas tote bag! Check out the Facebook page or website for more information.