Our FIRST First Fridays at B is in the books! Missed the event? Watch our Facebook live here [apologies for the shaky footage: program starts six minutes into video]
We had a ton of great announcements about upcoming community events. Check out the list:
Joleen Baker from Prairie Roots Food Co-op
Want to support Prairie Roots? Attend an event, shop at the co-op, become a member! Here are a few events happening this month:
- Jan. 12-14: New Year, New Co-op Celebration (See details on Facebook)
Abby Gold of Cass Clay Food Partners
Interested in local food systems? Attend a Cass Clay Food Commission meeting!
- Cass Clay Food Commission Meeting on January 10 at 10:30 a.m.
Joe Burgum of the Red River Market
Red River Market is hosting a winter market! This indoor event will feature pantry items, household goods, baked goods, art, hot food, and beverages.
- Red River Winter Market on Saturday, January 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Jeff Knight of Little Free Garden
Little Free Gardens are small gardens placed in publically-accessible spaces - most often, a front yard. Garden registrations available for purchase online via Fargo Stuff or at APT Holiday Market.
- Apt Holiday Market on Saturday, January 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Megan Lewis of Milk Made Catering
Check out this awesome joint event at Prairie Roots Food Co-op exploring the world of cheese.
- New Year, New Cheese on Friday, January 12 from 7-8:30 p.m. [tickets required]
Noelle Harden of Sustainable Farming Association and University of Minnesota Extension
The Sustainable Farming Association supports the development and enhancement of sustainable farming systems through farmer-to-farmer networking, innovation, demonstration, and education.
- Hydroponics 101: A hands-on workshop featuring Barry's Cherrie's Hydroponic Produce on February 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. [tickets required]
Mindy Grant, FARRMS + Growing Together
FARRMS is hosting a deep winter greenhouse tour at Lida Farms. This is one of a few structures in the area that allows for the growing of fresh produce year round.
- Winter Greenhouse Tour on Saturday, January 27 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. [registration required]